FAQsFrequently Asked Questions about Occoquan Regional Park
Occoquan Regional Park –Rules and Frequently Asked Questions
- Park speed limit is 20 mph.
- Parking is not permitted on the grass. Please park in designated parking spaces only.
- The use of musical instruments, radios, other sound devices and amplified sound equipment is prohibited within the park.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages is prohibited in the park.
- No more than one 10x10 (maximum size) tent, canopy, table or other temporary structure is allowed.
- Use of generators, personal grills, or cooking devices are prohibited.
- Shelters are available by reservation only. Click here to find out more about shelter reservations. https://www.novaparks.com/parks/occoquan-regional-park/things-to-do/picnic-shelters
- No amusement devices such as inflatables, rock walls, etc. are permitted.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- Swimming and diving are not permitted from park property.
- Please observe park hours of operation as they adjust throughout the year.
- Batting cage users must wear a helmet with face guard.
- Please refrain from fishing from the ramp and dock area.
- Please help keep Occoquan clean by disposing of your pet waste, fishing line, and other trash in the appropriate receptacles.
Kite Flying Safety Information
- Please only fly your kite in open field space away from park guests.
- Kite fighting is prohibited.
- Do not fly your kite near power lines, light poles, roads, parking areas, or park facilities.
- Monofilament or metal/wire string is not allowed.
- Please be sure to pick up and dispose of any broken kite string. This can be a danger to animals and boat motors.