NOVA Parks is proud to be part of the collaboration to bring a section of the historic White House fence that dates to the late 1800s for inclusion in the Turning Point Suffragist Memorial, which will be located at Occoquan Regional Park.
Please watch the following video that tells the amazing story of the Silent Sentinels and their fight for women's right to vote and the significance of the White House fence.
CONSTRUCTION UPDATES **11/24/2020**
- Site controls have been installed
- Clearing and removals have been completed
- Earthwork cut and fill operations between Great Falls St. and Little Falls St. are ongoing, to be followed by seeding and slope stabilization
- Installation of stormwater pipe will begin the week of December 7th
- Miscellaneous utility repairs are being completed by Dominion between Great Falls St. and Little Falls St.
- Temporary detours will continue as required for public safety