Gateway Regional Park
Take a break on the City of Fairfax Connector Trail
Catch your breath, find directions and fill your water bottle at Gateway Regional Park, a crossroads rest stop in Fairfax City, Virginia. Whether you’re riding, walking or running the Washington & Old Dominion Trail / City of Fairfax Connector Trail, Gateway Regional Park gives you a space to rest, check our maps, and get some shelter from the sun or rain.Support your park
The park is open all year, from dawn to dusk.
Gateway is currently managed by the W&OD Trail staff, and their respective Friends Group - the Friends of the W&OD (FOWOD).
The purpose of FOWOD is to support and enhance the trail and its multiple uses as a recreational environmental and historic resource through fundraising, promotion, educational programming and maintenance.
Activities of FOWOD include:
- Acquisition of trail improvements such as benches, water fountains and restroom facilities.
- Public awareness programs for trail safety.
- Advocacy for improved crossings of intersecting roadways.
- Establishment of a volunteer trail patrol.
- Trail maintenance and landscaping projects