Gateway Regional ParkTake a break on the City of Fairfax Connector Trail
Catch your breath, find directions and fill your water bottle at Gateway Regional Park, a crossroads rest stop in Fairfax City, Virginia. Whether you’re riding, walking or running the Washington & Old Dominion Trail / City of Fairfax Connector Trail, Gateway Regional Park gives you a space to rest, check our maps, and get some shelter from the sun or rain.
The park is open for walking/hiking/biking from adjoining trails from dawn to dusk. Please do not gather in the pavilion area.
Gateway is currently managed by the W&OD Trail staff, and their respective Friends Group - the Friends of the W&OD (FOWOD).
The purpose of FOWOD is to support and enhance the trail and its multiple uses as a recreational environmental and historic resource through fundraising, promotion, educational programming and maintenance.
Activities of FOWOD include:
- Acquisition of trail improvements such as benches, water fountains and restroom facilities.
- Public awareness programs for trail safety.
- Advocacy for improved crossings of intersecting roadways.
- Establishment of a volunteer trail patrol.
- Trail maintenance and landscaping projects
It is fun park for kids
It is fun park for kids. There are a big field, plenty of shade, a couple playgrounds, swings, slides, play with sand and skate board area. It is also good for playdate location.
by Eileen G.