Winter Walk of Lights Features
We have many of your favorite light displays returning this year, plus some new features!
- Kids (and adults) love to search for things in the light displays! Make sure to pick up a FUN SEARCH IN THE LIGHTS sheet at our Ticket Scanning Stations in the Visitor Center. Show your completed sheet at our exit gate to receive a cool sticker.
- Flowers, flowers, and more flowers light up the night along with their friends – bees, birds, and butterflies.
- You’ll be “over the moon” with our new photo opp!
- Warm up your voices to illuminate the SING-TO-ME TREE!
- Carolers and an ice pond with spry skaters.
- Who loves carols? Sit and enjoy lively lights synchronized to five holiday tunes at LAKE SIDE LIGHTS.
- We have a new interactive feature this year – a perfect way to let the kids (big and small) use up some energy!
- How many different animals can you find in our Nature Walk? Squirrels, fish leaping from a stream, a mama fox with her sweet kits, (odor-free) skunks--just to name a few.
- Some rabbits are nibbling the carrots in MR. TOMLINSON’S GARDEN!
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- Mmmm…hot chocolate! coffee! Start your experience at the SIPS & SPARKLES shop for a hot (or cold) beverage, snacks, and light-up wearables and handheld toys to enjoy during your Winter Walk.
- Psst! Grownups (21+), turn your hot chocolate or coffee into an adult beverage with some Baileys, peppermint schnapps…also at SIPS & SPARKLES. Cheers!
- Get `em while they’re hot! Yummy hot pretzels will be sold at the PARK EATS food truck at the Winter Walk’s halfway point.
- At the end of your Winter Walk, stop by the S’MORE SHACK to purchase your s`more kit, and roast your marshmallows over our cozy fire.
LIGHTUP WEARABLES, TOYS & MORE
- Become a part of sparkle of the Winter Walk of Lights. At the beginning of your walk, stop in the SIPS & SPARKLES shop for light up wands, necklaces, sabers, headbands, tiaras, and other light up wearables and handhelds.
- Be sure to purchase this year’s Winter Walk of Lights brass ornament depicting our special snowfall lights. Buy your ornaments in the Garden Gift Shop or the Sips & Sparkles Shop in the conservatory before they sell out.
- With its local vendors (honey, peanuts, jewelry, candles…), discovery toys, lovely home décor, apparel, and unique gifts, the Garden Gift Shop in the Visitor Center is the perfect place to shop for gifts and for yourself! Shop during your Winter Walk of Lights visit or during the day, 10am to 3:30pm.
- Did you know that this is the Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Light’s ELEVENTH year? It quickly has become a wonderful family holiday tradition! If you have visited in the past be sure to look for some new light critters!
- It takes Meadowlark staff, NOVA Park volunteers, and contractors three months to install all of the lights and displays in the garden. A lot of hard work goes into preparing for this awesome show.
- Did you notice the NOVA Parks’ mascot in the Winter Walk of Lights tree logo? The Great Blue Heron is in the bottom right corner of the tree.
- The Fountains of Lights are unique light fountains animated with all types of cool colors and patterns. Stop and watch all of the dazzling colors!
- Our small wire light displays are unique, one-of-a-kind pieces designed by a local artist.
- How many different animals can you find on the Nature Walk? Listen closely to hear the nature sounds, and watch the silly fish spit water out of the stream.
- There are close to 100 flowers in our Garden of Light - fitting for a Botanical Garden!
- Did you find the “sing to me” tree? Sing your favorite holiday song and watch the lights dance.
- If you haven’t seen the Korean Bell Garden, a huge white spotlight illuminates the Korean Bell in its ornate pavilion and spotlights decorate the wall.
- Lakeside Lights is a great place to sit down and get in the holiday spirit. Listen and watch as your favorite holiday songs come to life as lights dance along trees, arches, and stars. You will be amazed!
- Did you notice the frisky rabbit jumping across Mr. Tomlinson’s Garden? Lovingly named after our retired Park Manager, Keith Tomlinson, there is a lot to see in the garden!
- Make sure to come back again- each time you go through the Winter Walk of Lights, you will notice things you didn’t see before. Be sure to bring your holiday guests, family and friends, too!