Safety continues to be our priority. Please following the safety guidelines and rules noted below.
- SAFETY FIRST - Please stay on the pathways at all times. Many light displays have electrical cords and support wires so please do not walk near or around displays.
- Adults are responsible for keeping children safely on trails. Trails are stroller friendly.
- Please refrain from touching, climbing, or hanging on any displays or cords.
- If you see something unsafe, please let staff know immediately.
- Please watch for pedestrians, especially children when driving through our parking lots.
- For patron safety, the circular drive in front of the Visitor Center is closed to vehicles during the Winter Walk of Lights. Please use this area to line up for admission. Do not line up in the parking lot area.
- With the exception of designated Pup Nights (November 15, 22, 28, and 29, 2022; December 5 and 13, 2022, and January 3, 6, and 8, 2023), only service dogs are permitted at the Winter Walk of Lights.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
- Dress for the weather. The Winter Walk of Lights’ more than ½-mile pathway winds through the gardens and is completely outdoors. Weather-appropriate outerwear and comfortable shoes are the key to a great visit.
- Rain or Snow or Shine. Our event is open rain or snow or shine (moonshine). Tickets are not refundable so it’s important to keep an eye on the weather forecast. Customers can transfer their Eventbrite tickets to another night, but this must occur before the ticket’s admission date/time. Please note that ticket transfers can only be made at Eventbrite.com (not on Eventbrite app). Each ticket must be individually transferred.
- Parking is free. Guests are encouraged to carpool and allow for time to locate a parking space on busy nights. Please look for guests, especially small children, in our parking lots.
- A safe place to line up. During the Winter Walk of Lights, the roadway immediately in front of the Visitor Center building is blocked off to provide a safe place for our guests to line up.
- Stroller friendly. Our entire Winter Walk of Lights pathway is paved. Bringing a stroller for your little ones is highly recommended – a ½ mile+ is a long time to keep a toddler safely on the trail and out of the lights—and children might get tired on the inclined portion of the pathway.
- Pets. With the exception of designated Pup Nights (November 15, 22, 28, and 29, 2022; December 5 and 13, 2022, and January 3, 6, and 8, 2023), only service dogs are permitted at the Winter Walk of Lights.
- Food and beverages. Outside food and beverages are not permitted.
- Holidays. We are not only open on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve, and New Year’s Day, but these are usually very busy nights. Buy your tickets online early before they sell out. Please note: Tickets are sold only online December 9, 2022, through January 8, 2023.
- Restrooms are available in the Visitor Center and portable toilets are located at the halfway point of the Winter Walk.
- SAFETY: Please stay on the pathways at all times. Many light displays have electrical cords and support wires so please do not walk near or around displays. Please refrain from touching, climbing, or hanging on any displays or cords. If you see something unsafe, please let staff know immediately.
- GREAT PHOTOS: Winter Walk is a beautiful place to take pictures! Bring your camera and capture memories! Be sure to tag us and post your photos on social media! Please stay on the paths for your safety. Portrait photography is not permitted.
- STAY INFORMED. Learn about severe weather closings—LIKE Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights on Facebook and follow us on Instagram or visit www.winterwalkoflights.com.
- SPECIAL EVENTS & DISCOUNT NIGHT information can be found at https://www.novaparks.com/events/winter-walk-of-lights/promotions
- NOVA Parks has a trio of winter special events: Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights is a beautiful walk through winter light show, Bull Run Festival of Lights is a fantastic drive through light show, and we are so proud of our newest event Ice & Lights at Cameron Run Regional Park! Be sure to visit all 3!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Are you hiring? Yes. We offer flexible work schedules, fun place to work, and a diverse staff. The Winter Walk of Lights is a great for first job (for 16 years+), college students, second jobs, and retirees who would like a fun evening activity. Apply at NOVA Parks Light Show Employment.
Is my time at the Winter Walk of Lights limited? While online tickets for the Winter Walk of Lights are for a specific entrance time, the walk itself is self-guided. Visitors can move through the pathway at their own pace.
How long does the Winter Walk of Lights take? That varies greatly – anywhere from 40 minutes to 90 minutes. There are several photo opps, interactive light displays, our Lakeside Lights that is animated to 5 songs and the Fun Search in the Lights fun find activity. Stopping along the way for a hot beverage (adult hot beverages too), hot pretzels, and make-your-own s`mores at our cozy fire adds even more fun and duration of your visit.
Do I need a map for the Winter Walk of Lights? No. The pathway is a one-way designated trail. Simply follow the paved trail and signs.
Should someone who has mobility challenges participate in the Winter Walk of Lights? Here are a few points to consider. Our trail is paved, but it is more than a half mile long. The second half of the Winter Walk is at an incline. There are benches at several points along the pathway. Meadowlark has two complimentary wheelchairs that are available on a first-come, first-served basis. They cannot be reserved.
Can I have my child’s birthday party at the Winter Walk of Lights? Is there a room to open gifts and have cake? The answer is yes and no. Many parents choose the Winter Walk of Lights as an activity for their children’s birthdays. Parents typically purchase tickets for the invitees through Eventbrite.com. Instead of birthday cake, parents will often buy s`more kits and have the kids roast marshmallows at the end of the Winter Walk. We do not have a party room or area for cake and gifts. The Atrium at Meadowlark is a terrific venue for large social gatherings. Click here for The Atrium information.
Where is the best place to meet up with others to enjoy the Winter Walk together? The circular drive immediately in front of the Visitor Center is closed to vehicular traffic and makes a good meetup spot. Congregating in the Visitor Center is not permitted.
Have more questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Where can I find my tickets?
- Your email inbox: Search your inbox for an email from email@example.com.
- Your Eventbrite account: When you purchase tickets, Eventbrite automatically creates an account associated with your email address. Log in using the same email address and select “Tickets” from the dropdown in your Eventbrite account.
- The Eventbrite app: iPhone – Log in and tap the “Tickets” icon. Android – Log in and tap the “Profile” icon. Then find your order and tap the “Tickets” icon.
Why might my tickets be missing?
- Incorrect email address: You’re logged into Eventbrite using a different email address than what you used to place the order or there’s a typo in the email address.
- Email deliverability: The confirmation was sent to your junk/spam folder or was unable to be delivered.
Do I need to print my ticket?
Our ticket attendants can scan printed tickets or tickets accessed on your mobile device (through email or the Eventbrite app.) We can also look up your tickets by the purchaser’s name.
How do I apply a promotional/discount code when purchasing my ticket?
After selecting the date of your ticket, look for “Enter promo code” at the top of the list of entry times. Once you click on the “Enter promo code” link and type in your coupon/discount/promo code, ticket prices will show the discount. Select your ticket times and click “Checkout.” Please note: Promo codes are entered BEFORE you go to check out. The discount cannot be refunded after your ticket has been purchased.
Why can’t I find “Enter promo code” above the list of ticket entry times?
First, check the valid dates of your coupon or offer. Discounts apply only during off-peak times: November 11-December 8,2022, MONDAY-THURSDAY, nonholidays and nightly January 2-8, 2023. “Enter promo code” will not be present on nights when discounts are not offered. Discounts are not available on Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Thanksgiving, and December 9, 2022, through January 1, 2023.
Can I use Apple Pay and Android Pay to buy my tickets?
Apple Pay and Android Pay are not available options for Eventbrite ticket sales and onsite tickets sales.
If someone in my party cannot attend, can I get a refund?
Winter Walk of Light tickets are not refundable. A ticket may be transferred to another night/time prior to 2 p.m. on the ticket date. Ticket transfers are not guaranteed after 2 p.m. on the ticket date. You do have the ability to transfer one or more of your tickets through Eventbrite.com. Tickets cannot be transferred on the Eventbrite app or mobile device. Tickets must be transferred one ticket at a time.
How do I transfer a ticket(s) on Eventbrite.com?
Please note that tickets must be transferred individually. Transfers of multiple tickets on an order at one time is not available. After a ticket is transferred to another date/time, it will be in a separate order.
Please review Transferring Tickets for more information.
What do I do if I’m having difficulty purchasing tickets online?
- Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Make sure your browser is up to date or try using a different browser.
- Tickets for the date/time you selected may have sold out. more