Winkler Botanical Preserve Portrait Photography Rules & Guidelines
Winkler Botanical Preserve is a picturesque location full of beautiful backdrops and serves as a botanical garden property owned and operated by NOVA Parks. All posed and portrait photography, of groups and individuals, at Winkler Botanical Preserve requires a photography reservation made and payment received for the reservation in advance.
Scheduling a Reservation:
Photography session reservations are available in two-hour sessions during daytime Preserve hours. Time slot reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Reservations may be made no more than 90 days in advance from today’s date.
Only one photography session per person/group per day is permitted.
Photographers may only host one client per photography session.
Reservations can be requested online here.
Reservation holders will receive a confirmation email and a permit number unique to their photography session. Please arrive at Catherine’s Lodge prior to the photography session start time, sign in, and pick up the group’s assigned photo pass. The photographer must ensure the pass is visible and return the pass prior to departure.
The photo pass must be returned no later than fifteen minutes after the photography session end time; otherwise, the reservation holder will be required to pay the late return fee.
- Two Hour Portrait and Posed Photography Session: $50
- Late Return Fee (by the hour): $50
Props & Attire:
- Costume pieces and hand-held props are welcome.
- No other props are permitted, including but not limited to: tables, chairs, arches, balloons, confetti, drones, flying lanterns, and/or pyrotechnics.
- Any areas currently off-limits to the public are also restricted for use during the photo session.
- A photography session reservation grants non-exclusive access to outdoor features.
- Please be courteous of other guests and do not block pathways or obstruct views.
- There is no photography or set up permitted within the garden beds or on the waterfall at any time.
- Photography sessions are not permitted inside Catherine’s Lodge.
- Before or after-hours photography sessions are not available.
- Video filming or drone use is not permitted.
- Adjustments to photography reservation times will not be made due to late arrival.
- The Preserve does not provide a photographer or any additional assistance for a photography session.
- Walk-in photography sessions are not permitted. Photography Sessions are first come, first served.
- Staff reserve the right to refuse a walk-in photography session arriving without a reservation.
- A photographer and/or reservation holder and their group are only permitted one photography session per day.
Cancellation & Refund Policy:
- Reservations can be changed by calling the Preserve office at 703-344-0444, with no penalty, as long as the change occurs more than 24 hours in advance of the session’s start time.
- Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance of the reservation start time to be eligible for a refund. However, after the reservation time has passed, there are no refunds, and a new reservation must be made.
For any assistance including cancellations, please contact:
Winkler Botanical Preserve at 703- 344-0444 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.