VENUE RENTAL INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Spacious Hospitality Suite and Scale House Cottage to get ready for the day
- Rental includes 8 hour venue rental of upper level of Jean R. Packard Center: The River View, The 1608 Room, ceremony green, rooftop patio
- Easy access for vendor load in
- Year-round rental availability
- Great location outside of D.C. with multiple lodging accommodations nearby
- Large foyer space (The 1608 Room) for cocktail reception or indoor holding area with a custom built-in bar
- Gold chiavari chairs for indoor use and wooden tables of various sizes
- White folding resin chairs for outdoor use
- Set-up and breakdown of all tables & chairs before and after event
- Dinner/Reception space with floor-to-ceiling views of the Occoquan River
- Use of custom outdoor and/or indoor arches for ceremony or photo opportunities
- Free, private parking in close proximity to venue entrance
- ADA accessible throughout upper level of facility; elevator use to get to waterfront
- Fire pits available for outdoor use with additional fee
- Banquet Captain at-your-side during your event
- Indoor ceremony plan for inclement weather
- Complimentary ceremony rehearsal based on availability
- Use of yard games (corn hole and Jenga) to bring the fun outside
- Wireless microphones
- Miscellaneous décor and equipment, including but not limited to, floor easels, chalkboard signs, directional signage, cake stands
Frequently asked questions
MAY I HOLD A DATE AND IS THERE A FEE FOR DOING SO?
You may hold a date free of charge for 7 days with our rental reservation form.
WHAT IS THE BOOKING PROCESS?
After the hold process, you may proceed to contract. Upon contract signing, half (50%) of the rental plus 6% sales tax is due. The remainder of your rental and tax, plus a refundable security deposit of $1,000, is due 30 days before your event.
WHAT IS THE SECURITY DEPOSIT?
The security deposit is $1,000 and is fully refundable after the event if there are no contractual violations.
WHAT IS THE CANCELLATION POLICY?
In the event that the renter cancels the reservation 12 months or more prior to the rental date, the entire deposit is refundable, less a $250 administrative fee. In the event that the Renter cancels the reservation less than 12 months prior to the rental date, all payments are forfeited with the exception of the security deposit ($1,000). If the canceled rental date is rebooked, all deposits will be refunded, less a $250 administrative fee.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Your rental includes an 8 hour minimum block of time. Rental times include a minimum 1 hour set up and minimum 1 hour breakdown for your caterer and other vendors. Your rental also includes tables, inside chairs, outside chairs (for use on ceremony green), ample parking, rehearsal (subject to availability), guidance through the planning process, Hospitality Suite with private restrooms, and the historic Scale House cottage (only with evening rentals).
WHAT ARE “IN JURISDICTION” AND “NON JURISDICTION”?
“In Jurisdiction” refers to clients that reside within NOVA Parks Jurisdictions and are therefore eligible for a 10% discount. Jurisdictions include Arlington, Fairfax & Loudoun Counties; Cities of Alexandria, Fairfax & Falls Church. “Non Jurisdiction” refers to clients who reside outside of NOVA Parks Jurisdictions and are not eligible for a discount.
ARE THERE ANY OTHER DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE?
Special discounts are offered throughout the year. Please check in with The River View staff for further details.
WHAT ARE THE CATERING OPTIONS?
All catering arrangements are handled by Liz Gearhart from Great Blue Heron Catering (NOVA Parks) at (703) 359-4610 or LGearhart@nvrpa.org.
ARE OUTSIDE CATERERS ALLOWED?
There is a pass-through drop off package available. Your preferred caterer can drop off prepared food to the River View and our catering team will staff and serve the event. This package includes setup/breakdown, service staff, assorted china, flatware, and glassware for $40++/adult and $12++/child.
DOES THE RIVER VIEW ALLOW STORAGE BEFORE OR AFTER MY EVENT?
The River View does not permit storage of any kind before or after your event.
WHAT IS THE MAXIMUM CAPACITY?
The River View can accommodate approximately 300 seated guests. The capacity includes area for a dance floor, DJ, bar(s), plated dinner service, gift table, place card table, and cake table. However, The River View can accommodate a higher number of guests, as capacity varies depending upon the event set up.
WHAT ARE THE AVAILABLE TIME BLOCKS?
All rentals are 8 hours, including 1 hour set up and 1 hour breakdown. Morning rental time block is 7am-3pm (guest time from 8am-2pm). Evening rental time block is 4pm-12am (guest time from 5pm-11pm). Extra hours are available for purchase subject to availability based on event schedule.
WHERE ARE CEREMONIES PERMITTED?
Ceremony locations are on the ceremony green overlooking the water and inside The River View.
WHAT HAPPENS IN CASES OF INCLEMENT WEATHER?
Any activities planned to take place outside would be moved inside The River view. There are several options and a specific back-up plan will be predetermined prior to the event.
WHAT IS THE BRICK KILN? CAN WE GO INSIDE?
The brick kiln is the last of nine large beehive brick kilns in the area. It was used by prisoners at the start of the 20th century to create red bricks for many Northern Virginia and DC buildings. As the 100 year old historic structure is a preserved site, guests can explore the area around the kiln, but access inside is prohibited.
WHY IS THE SCALE HOUSE NOT AVAILABLE WITH MORNING RENTAL?
Access to the Scale House is available to evening rentals as early as 12PM, which would interfere with morning time blocks. Morning rentals still have access to the private Hospitality Suite inside the venue.
ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON ALCOHOL?
Alcohol is permitted within your rental area only. There are no restrictions on the types of alcohol permitted. The renter agrees to obtain all alcohol service and product through Great Blue Heron Catering.
ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS ON MUSIC?
Amplified sound is not permitted outdoors (with the exception of ceremony music). All amplified sound must end by 1:00am.
ARE CANDLES PERMITTED?
Votive candles and candles enclosed in glass (such as a votive) are permitted. Locations of candles must be approved in advance.
ARE CEREMONY REHEARSALS INCLUDED IN YOUR RENTAL?
Ceremony rehearsals are subject to availability based on event schedule. Rehearsals will be scheduled, if needed, at the final walkthrough.