Rules & Regulations
All persons entering the waterpark enclosure must pay the appropriate fee.
Children under twelve (12) years of age must be supervised by a guardian sixteen (16) years and older, at all times.
Non- swimmers and small children must have an adult within arm’s reach at all times.
Lifeguards are on duty to respond to aquatic emergencies. Parents, please watch your children.
Please refrain from talking to the lifeguards while they are on duty.
Waterpark attractions may include activities that are strenuous and inappropriate for persons with health restrictions.
- Users must be in good health.
- Pregnant women, individuals with heart conditions, or any individuals under the care of a physician should not engage in strenuous activities.
- Users must observe and evaluate attractions for risk to personal health and safety before participating.
For your safety, only authorized staff is allowed in the filter buildings, storage rooms, chemical rooms, control areas, kitchens, staff areas, and offices.
NOVA Parks waterparks are smoke-free facilities.
Pets, other than assistance pets, are not permitted within the waterpark enclosure. Pets are not permitted in any pools or waterslides.
Children 6 years of age and older must use appropriate locker rooms. Please use discretion when bringing children of opposite sex into the locker rooms.
Additional waterpark-specific rules may apply. Please refer to all posted signs.
- All persons must wear appropriate swim attire, acceptable to the standards of the community and meeting Health Code requirements.
- Gym pants, cutoffs, and street clothes are not considered swimming attire.
- No rivets, zippers, or buttons are permitted on waterslides.
Use of Pools
- Please shower before entering the water.
- Only children six (6) years of age or under, supervised by an adult, may use the infant wading pools.
- Non-toilet trained guests must wear a swim diaper in all pools.
- Persons unable to demonstrate to the lifeguard their ability to swim and handle themselves well in water will not be allowed in water over their shoulders.
- Persons with skin disease, open wounds, nasal or ear discharge, inflamed eyes, diarrhea, or any communicable diseases are not allowed in the water.
- Diving is not permitted in any pool.
- Running, pushing or horseplay is prohibited.
- Mermaid tails or other toys deemed dangerous or inappropriate for pool use by waterpark staff are not permitted. Plush water balls and sand toys are permitted as long as they do not interfere with other guests ability to enjoy the waterpark.
- The actions and conduct of organized groups are the responsibility of the group leaders. Misconduct of any group member may be considered action by the entire group, and may subject the entire group to the consequences.
- Profanity and abusive language or behavior is prohibited.
- NOVA Parks assumes no responsibility for personal property.
- In the event of an electric storm, the pool and deck area must be vacated immediately.
Personal Flotation Devices
- Only United States Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices are permitted.
- Children using personal flotation devices require direct one-on-one adult supervision.
- Water wings, swim noodles, inner tubes, or other personal flotation devices not approved by the Coast Guard are not permitted.
Food and Beverage
- Outside food or beverage is not permitted in the waterparks. Baby food and water is allowed. Parks are not permitted to store food for guests.
- Chewing gum is not permitted.
- Management must approve any exceptions for persons with disabilities or special needs regarding food and beverage.
- Glass containers are prohibited.
- Food and beverage, purchased from the waterpark concessions stand, are only allowed in designated areas.
Waterslide Use- General
- Please refer to specific posted waterslide rules at each waterpark.
- Only one person is permitted on a waterslide at a time.
- Slides are restricted to persons weighing less than two hundred and fifty (250) pounds.
- Handheld or loose objects (i.e. sunglasses, towels, sunscreen bottles, etc.) are not allowed on the waterslide.
- Sliders must ride feet first, sitting down.
- Standing, sitting, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, stalling and stopping are strictly prohibited while riding the waterslide flume.
- Rafts or flotation devices of any type are not permitted.
- Sliders must exit the waterslide landing area immediately.
- Each slider must wait until the preceding user has cleared the landing area before sliding.
Waterslide Use (taller than 10 feet)
- Waterslides may be considered a strenuous activity.
- All riders must wait in turn to enter the flume start when directed by the lifeguard supervising the activity.
- Please see posted height restrictions for slides (Atlantis, Volcano Island, Great Waves 48” or taller; Pirate’s Cove, Ocean Dunes 42” or taller).
- Pulling, propelling, or other accelerated starts into the flume are not allowed.
- Users must slide in a position of feet first while lying on backs with arms crossed over chest. Arms, hands, and legs must remain inside the flume at all times.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Facilities may delay opening or close early due to weather conditions, low attendance, rain, air temperatures below 70 degrees, staffing levels, or mechanical failure.
- All Day Rain Checks are issued when the entire waterpark is closed for at least one hour prior to 4pm.
- No rain checks will be issued for the last two hours of operation.
- No refunds will be issued. You must present your receipt to be issued a rain check.