We are so glad you chose Ice & Lights- the Winter Village at Cameron Run! Please read the following for tips, tricks, and useful information for your visit.
The Winter Village is open nightly November 17-January 1 from 5-10PM.
Ice Skating is open nightly December 1-January 1 from 5-10pm, daytime December 18-31 and Weekends and Holidays January 6-February 25.
All ice skating tickets must be purchased online only. Tickets are required for all guests age 2 and over.
Village entry is ANY TIME BETWEEN 5PM-10PM Nightly.
6:30-8:00 PM is typically the busiest time of the village. Weekends and holidays are the most popular times. Avoid the crowds and plan your visit early in the season!
Ice Skating times reflect your ON THE ICE TIME. Please arrive prior to skate time to enter Village and get your skates to be ready to enter ice at ticket time.
Nighttime ice-skating tickets include Village admission. You may enter the Village any time between 5-10 PM.
All ice skating tickets must be purchased online.
Skating tickets are ONLY available online.
Tickets are required for all guests 2 and over. Please note: we do have adjustable skates for children, but we do not stock extremely small sizes.
Skate Sizes available for Toddler size 11 through Men size 13 only.
Skaters should be able to stand on their own or skate with a skate assist.
PROMO codes are only valid online. Be sure to watch this video prior to your purchase to ensure you apply your code. Promo discounts may not be applied after the purchase.
Tickets may be transferred to a different date/time prior to the entry time of the ticket. The availability of tickets for another date and time is not guaranteed. For a demonstration on how to transfer your tickets please watch this video.
- To transfer a ticket to another date and/or time, customers should go to their tickets at Eventbrite.com and select the order to be changed.
- EDIT/TRANSFER will be to the right.
- Click on TRANSFER and follow the prompts to select a new date (event) and time.
- EVERY TICKET must be transferred individually.
- Tickets cannot be transferred after the ticket’s entry time.
- Transferring ticket dates and times must be done on a computer or mobile device. This feature is not available through the Eventbrite app.
Be advised, this is a rain or shine event. Tickets are non-refundable. Tickets are transferrable to another date prior to the event ticket time only. The ice rink may close due to unsafe weather conditions. If this occurs, you may receive a rain check for another day.
Parking is free! Please look for guests, especially small children, walking through the parking lots. Please do not wait in line into the drive aisle. If lines are long, please wait in your vehicle until it is safe to wait in line on the sidewalks.
The Winter Village admission includes admission to Ice & Lights but does NOT include ice skating or skate rentals. Visitors are encouraged to wear comfortable shoes and to dress for the weather. The Village remains open during rain and snow, and is only closed during severe weather. Strollers and wheelchairs are welcome.
Timed skating tickets are available in limited quantities as an add on to the general village admission. Skate session includes a one hour skate block and skate rentals. There are no discounts for bringing your own skates. A variety of size skates are available and are disinfected routinely. Skate Sizes available for Toddler size 11 through Men size 13 only. Please do not take the skates off of the padded floor or ice. This is a recreational skate rink, not intended for serious skaters.
Please stay on the pathways at all times. Many light displays have electrical cords and support wires so please do not walk near or around displays. Please feel free to take pictures with the displays, but refrain from touching, climbing, or hanging on any displays or cords. If you see something unsafe, please let staff know immediately.
Ice & Lights offers several great photo ops- the walk-thru tree and photo frame, giant wreath, and beautiful design stars are great photos, along with our “skating” photo op! Bring your camera and capture memories! Be sure to tag us and post on social media! (@IceandLights #iceandlightscameron)
Only Service animals are permitted at Ice & Lights and must follow leash laws.
Food & Beverages
Visit Slice n’ Ice for hot chocolate, coffee and cold beverages, pizza, hot dogs, and delicious donut holes. Outside food and beverages are prohibited.
Ice & Lights is open on all holidays---Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve & Day, and News Eve & Day! After your big holiday meal, why not take a walk among the beautiful lights?
Learn about special events, discounts, and severe weather closings—LIKE Ice & Lights- The Winter Village at Cameron Run on Facebook and follow us on Instagram.
Be sure to dress for the weather for your Ice & Lights experience.
Ice & Lights offers some fun retail items- light-up wands and swords, flashy blinky jewelry and headbands, cuddly stuffed animals, hand warmers and gloves, and a beautiful commemorative ornament! Be sure to check out all of the great bling available for purchase at admissions, concessions, and the retail cart.
Ice Skating Rink Rules
- Skating in a manner that endangers or interferes with other skater’s safety or enjoyment is strictly prohibited.
- Children under the age of seven must be accompanied by a guardian at all times on the ice. A guardian is considered a responsible party 16 years or older.
- The rink is subject to capacity limits. NOVA Parks reserves the right to delay entrance to the rink at anytime.
- NOVA Parks reserves the right to interrupt skating for resurfacing, cleaning, special events, or any purposes deemed necessary by Event Management.
- No guests are admitted on the ice without skates. Socks must be worn at all times while using rental skates.
- While wearing skates off the ice please stay on the rubber matting area only.
- All guests must exit the rink while resurfacing is in progress. Guests may re-enter at the direction of the Skate Rink Supervisor.
- Pass or overtake carefully. Horseplay, excessive speeding, skating against the crowd, or weaving through other skaters is prohibited.
- Skaters are not allowed to carry children or secondary items such as cameras, handbags, or strollers while on the ice.
- Please do not sit, climb, or jump on the rink boards.
- Kicking, digging holes, scraping, or stomping the ice with your blades and kicking the railings are prohibited. Any skater engaging in this behavior will be asked to leave the rink immediately.
- Food is not permitted near the rail. No food or beverages allowed on the ice.
- All skaters must listen to the instruction of the skate guards and rink staff.
- Exit must be kept clear at all times. Please use caution when entering and exiting the rink.
- Please return skates to the rental shed after use.
- NOVA Parks is not responsible for any stolen or lost items. Please lock your items up!
Did you know that this is the fourth year of Ice & Lights- The Winter Village at Cameron Run? It quickly has become a wonderful family holiday tradition!
It takes Cameron Run staff, NOVA Park volunteers, and contractors three months to install all of the lights and displays. A lot of hard work goes into preparing for this awesome show.
Behind the fence is Great Waves Waterpark! We are excited to offer year-round family entertainment at Cameron Run Regional Park. Ice & Lights runs from mid- November through early January, then ice skating only on weekends through February. Then, we flip the switch on spring and the mini-golf, batting cages, and Paradise Playground open. Then, Memorial Day Weekend, Great Waves Waterpark opens through Labor Day. Mini Golf, Batting Cages, and Paradise Playground stay open through October, then it’s time for Ice & Lights once again!
NOVA Parks has a trio of winter special events: Meadowlark’s Winter Walk of Lights is a beautiful walk through winter light show, Bull Run Festival of Lights is a fantastic drive-through light show, and we are so proud to add Ice & Lights to our portfolio! Be sure to visit all 3!