Dear Garden and Atrium visitors: As we strive to improve the garden for all visitors the Visitor Center parking lot will be replaced this summer. The work will commence in early June and be completed in August. The Atrium parking lot will not be under construction. During this time we’ll work specifically with each Atrium event to ensure smooth parking for all guests. Regular garden visitors will be directed to the overflow grass lot. Please contact us if you have any concerns. Thank you.
Here is some additional information regarding tree removal, etc involved in the construction process:
- Most of the trees are being removed as part of the parking lot construction.
- Several trees are invasive species planted in the late 1980s.
- Other trees are native but in poor health due to soil compaction.
- The new design will include several native trees and improved drainage.
- The parking lot “foot print” will remain nearly the same as before but have increased capacity.
- The picnic area will be unavailable during construction.
- The project should be complete in mid-August.