Loudoun Water and NOVA Parks are pleased to announce that recreational activities on Beaverdam Reservoir will re-open on FRIDAY, MAY 29. Reservoir and trail users should adhere to proper social distancing guidelines. Public access will be located at the Mount Hope Road entrance. Please note parking may be limited.
Beaverdam Reservoir is first and foremost a source of public drinking water. Loudoun Water has partnered with NOVA Parks to manage recreational activities and public access. To ensure users can safely enjoy the reservoir, refer to the NOVA Parks website for a full list of rules and regulations.
Visitors who choose to visit these facilities must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Avoid congregating in groups
- Maintain a 6-foot distance between others
- Avoid touching shared surfaces
- Take trash with you
- Wash hands frequently
Please follow posted facility guidelines for your safety and that of park staff. Consider wearing a mask where social distancing may be difficult.
Future plans: Loudoun Water and NOVA Parks are moving forward with the sustainable, innovative design of the future “Beaverdam Reservoir Park.” Efforts on the new park are well-underway with construction estimated to begin in 2021.
Beaverdam Reservoir Timeline:
- May 29, 2020: Reservoir Water Access re-opened to the public
- Spring of 2021: Estimated to begin Beaverdam Reservoir Park construction
- Spring of 2022: Estimated Beaverdam Reservoir Park construction completion